SERPs (Search engine result pages) scraping has become a crucial data collection technique for businesses operating across various industries. It helps them with SEO performance analysis, price monitoring and comparison, market research, content optimization, competitor analysis, trend analysis, and more. For instance, e-commerce companies are increasingly using SERP data to monitor customer reviews, track competitors’ product prices, and analyze market trends. As a result, SERP APIs are gaining huge popularity worldwide. A SERP API provides programmatic access to search engine data, playing a crucial role in web development.
In this article, we’ll compare two widely used SERP API Services or APIs: Zenserp and Bright Data SERP API. We’ll compare their features, capabilities, performance, ease of use, and pricing to help you choose the right Google SERP API for your project.
Table of Contents
Zenserp: An Overview
Zenserp is a robust SERP API that provides highly accurate, real-time SERP data. The easy-to-use API is designed for both beginners and experts looking for a SERP API for their web scraping projects.
Key Zenserp API benefits and features include:
- Offers a diverse range of Google-related APIs, such as SERP API, Google Image Search API, Google Trends API, and Google Maps API. This makes Zenserp a complete Google SERP API that can accurately scrape all types of Google search results. These include organic results, image and video results, paid results, news results, and many more.
- Supports various other popular search engines, such as DuckDuck Go, Bing, and Yandex.
- Allows users to retrieve geolocated search engine results. You can specify the domain, language, country, location, and latitude and longitude coordinates. This feature enables businesses to conduct competitor analysis in specific regions, gain local market insights, and enhance targeted advertising campaigns.
- Backed by a robust, scalable infrastructure. This enables the API to process thousands of requests instantly without compromising performance.
- Returns results within seconds and has an uptime of 99.9%
- Comes with extensive documentation with various coding examples to ease the integration process.
Zenserp also offers various additional features to make the web scraping process easier and more efficient. These include Batch Searches, Keyword CPC, Keyword Search Volume, Bulk Index Checker (GUI), and more. Batch search allows you to retrieve multiple SERPs asynchronously, saving time and effort. Keyword CPC and Search Volume help with SEO monitoring and optimization. Moreover, Bulk Index Checker allows you to check the indexing status of multiple URLs/web pages.
Zenserp also stands out with its generous free plan, offering 50 monthly searches. Moreover, the API provides straightforward and budget-friendly pricing plans starting at $29/month for 5000 searches.
Bright Data: A Closer Look
Bright Data is essentially a web data platform designed to retrieve data from SERPs effortlessly. The platform is known for its award-winning proxy networks, various scraping solutions, and ready-to-use datasets.
Here are the key features of Bright Data’s SERP API:
- Efficiently converts unstructured data into structured datasets, helping with data analysis.
- Provides real-time SERP data and delivers results in HTML and JSON formats
- Covers all major search engines. These include Google, Yandex, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, DuckGoGo, and Naver.
- The API can retrieve various types of SERPs, such as organic, paid, shopping, trends, maps, news, images, and videos.
- Supports 195 countries for geotargeted web scraping. You can choose a domain, language, country, and even city.
- Designed for scalability. The API can process millions of concurrent requests efficiently.
- The API has a powerful unblocking mechanism and handles proxy management for you. It automatically rotates IP addresses to reduce the risk of IP bans and rate limiting.
- Has robust auto-retry and CAPTCHA-solving mechanisms. The API automatically retries for failed requests with a different proxy and solves CAPTCHAs automatically.
- Has detailed documentation with coding examples to make the integration process quick and easy.
Bright Data offers a free trial for its SERP API. Moreover, the API has various flexible pricing plans, including a ‘pay as you go’ plan, which means you only have to pay for the number of successful API calls you make.
Data Scraping Tools Comparison: Zenserp vs Bright Data’s SERP API Features Comparison
The Zenserp vs Bright Data comparison table below highlights the features and offerings of both tools:
|Types of supported Google SERPs
|Supports all types of Google search results, including:
|Supports various search types, including:
|Supported Search Engines
|Google, Bing, DuckDuck Go, and Yandex.
|Google, Yandex, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, DuckGoGo, and Naver.
|JSON, CSV, HTML, and XML
|JSON and HTML
|Supports pagination, allowing users to retrieve several hundred search results
|Supports pagination for scraping various SERP pages
|Speed and Performance
The table above shows that Zenserp and Bright Data SERP API offer various similar features, such as support for various Google SERP results, asynchronous requests, geotargeted searches, pagination, etc. However, Bright Data API also has proxy management, auto-retry, and CAPTCHA-solving mechanisms.
Zenserp is widely used for projects requiring real-time, highly accurate SERP data. However, Bright Data is a better option for SERP projects that require CAPTCHA-solving.
Best SERP API Providers: Zenserp Vs Bright Data Performance Comparison
Performance is one of the key factors to consider when choosing a SERP API. This is because API performance plays a crucial role in the success of a project.
|Bright Data SERP API
|Support for Batch Searches
|Allows you to fetch SERPs asynchronously
|Supports concurrent/ asynchronous requests
|Delivers results within seconds
|Delivers results in under 5 seconds
|Backed by a robust, scalable infrastructure. Can efficiently process thousands of requests without comprising performance
Based on the above table, both Zenserp and Bright Data APIs provide robust support for concurrent/ asynchronous, and they have outstanding response times. Both APIs are highly scalable and can handle thousands of requests efficiently.
Zenserp Vs Bright Data SERP API Ease of Use Comparison
An easy-to-use SERP API saves time and money, as developers don’t have to spend hours learning the ins and outs of the API. Here is the comparison of ease of use of two of the best SERP API Providers: Zenserp and Bright Data.
|Technical skills requirement
|User-friendly option for both beginners and experts with coding experience.
|Designed for both beginners and experts
|Extensive documentation with all the information about the API endpoints, features, and capabilities. Documentation also includes various coding examples in different programming languages to ease the integration process.
Moreover, once you sign into your account, all code samples in the documentation automatically include your API key, allowing you to copy and paste codes directly into your application.
|Good documentation containing necessary information regarding Bright Data API features and endpoints. However, the documentation isn’t as detailed and easy to follow as Zenserp’s documentation.
|Other features for ease of use
As the above table indicates, Zenserp is a more user-friendly option with its simple design, intuitive account manager and extensive documentation.
Also read: Is web scraping legal?
Zenserp vs Bright Data Videos
Zenserp Vs Bright Data SERP API Pricing Comparison
|Bright Data SERP API
|Free plan offers 50 monthly searches
|No free plan, but offers a free trial
|Pay as You Go model
|Offers a pay-as-you-go pricing plan
|Offers various pricing plans. Pricing ranges from $29/month – $399/month
|Offers multiple pricing plans, including a pay-as-you-go plan. Pricing ranges from $10/month-$1000/month
|Custom High-Volume Plan
Choosing the Right API for Your Needs
When choosing a SERP API, it’s essential to consider the following factors:
- Project requirements, such as real-time SERP data, scalability, etc.
- Ease of use of the API, including API documentation, user dashboard, etc.
- Compare API pricing plans with your budget
- Quality and responsiveness of technical support
In terms of Zenserp vs Bright Data SERP API, Zenserp is widely trusted for providing accurate search engine results data. It is a more user-friendly option for simpler projects relying on real-time SERP data. Zenserp use cases include keyword analysis, market research, SEO monitoring, competitor tracking, etc.
However, Bright Data is a better option if your project requires advanced scraping features, such as sophisticated proxy management and automated CAPTCHA solving. API use cases include SERP scraping, competitive intelligence, ad verification and brand protection.
Zenserp and Bright Data are widely used APIs for scraping SERPs. These SERP API services offer various helpful scraping features that make the web scraping process easier and quicker. While both APIs provide many similar features, it’s best to evaluate their capabilities, features, ease of use and integration, performance, and pricing before choosing the right one for your project. Based on our comparison of these two APIs, Zenserp is the best choice if you’re looking for a simpler and more user-friendly solution for scraping accurate, real-time SERP data. However, Bright Data would be a better option for projects that require advanced scraping features like proxy management and automated CAPTCHA solving.
What sets Zenserp apart from Bright Data in terms of data accuracy?
While both Zenserp and Bright data are reputable SERP APIs, customer reviews show Zenserp is widely trusted for its highly accurate, real-time SERP data.
How does Bright Data’s pricing model compare to Zenserp’s?
To start with, Bright Data offers a free trial, whereas Zenserp offers a free plan. In terms of pricing plans, Bright Data offers a ‘Pay as You Go’ subscription plan and various other pricing plans ranging from $10/month-$1000/month. In contrast, Zenserp’s pricing plans range from $29/month to $399/month. In terms of affordability, Bright Data SERP API is more budget-friendly as it offers 5555 requests for $10/month, whereas Zenserp offers 5000 requests for $29/month. However, it’s best to compare the features of both APIs before choosing the right one for your needs.
Can smaller businesses benefit from using Zenserp or Bright Data?
Both Zenserp and Bright Data offer subscription plans catering to small businesses’ needs. Comparing the number of API requests, features, and pricing of these plans can help you choose the right one for your needs.